Thursday, June 23, 2016

Physical Therapy day 1


1st day of physical therapy meeting the head PT - spondylolisthesis BJJ:

Thursday 6/23/2016.  I have never had PT before and had no idea what to expect.  1st day was introduction, evaluation and demonstration.  He introduced himself, took a patient history and listened to me explain what I was going through in terms of pain and what were my goals with PT.  I told him my main goal was to return to BJJ, strengthen my core, reduce pain and protect my back.  

I consider myself a flexible person but after the evaluation It was apparent I have some very inflexible muscles that I was not aware of.  In the past, I could do the splits but I haven't been able to do that for years.  Overall I feel flexible but the areas he checked today would seem to show otherwise ;).  

We went thru around 6 stretches he wants me to do and talked about measuring and progressing over the next several sessions.  I am going to do 2 PT sessions a week for the next 4-6 weeks and then will see my physican to check my current state and see if he clears me to return to light BJJ training.  

Tomorrow is my first active PT session.

No comments:

Post a Comment