Monday, September 5, 2016

Home PT Week 8 Sept 5th - Sept 9th 2016

Home Physical Therapy Week of
Monday September 5th - Friday September 9th 2016: 

==================================== 
Update - I'm focusing on strengthening my core so I will no longer being exercising my abs 3 times a week with only 1 day rest in between.  I don't know anyone that squats or does any other strength routine every other day so why do this with my core?  You have to give your muscles some rest between workouts and I'm actively trying to get my core stronger.  This means I will be continuing to strengthen my core with 2 workouts a week - Mondays and Thursdays so I have sufficient time in between for recovery.  1 day rest between workouts was not enough nor was it practical. 

Home Physical Therapy day 30 - Spondylolisthesis BJJ
Monday 9/5/16.  Increasing sets repetitions and time on certain exercises.  


Hip ups:
2 set of 35 reps.  Pushing off the ground and raise my butt/hips off the ground like a reverse crunch.  This was an overall increase of 10 reps. 


Side Planks:
2 sets on each side for a 50 seconds.   Increase of 10 seconds overall for each side and these are still difficult.


Side leg raises
2 sets each leg 30 repetitions.  This was an overall increase of 15 reps for each leg.  




Plank. 

4 sets for 90 seconds each.  All 4 sets were from the elbows.  I am getting stronger in this area as the first 2 sets are not so bad anymore - just the last 2.   


Deadbug abdominal exercise: 

4 sets 90 seconds each.  I'm getting tired/bored of this exercise so I will be looking to replace it with something different next week.  Similar to a modified bicycle crunch but instead of bring your elbow to your knee - you kept your arm straight and it went back behind your head as the knee came up and then switched for the other knee.  


Bridges with pelvic tilt hold.  2 sets of 45 reps where I press my low back into the table I hold the pelvic tilt and bridge lifting my hips off the table.  This was an overall increase of 30 reps.  
I held this bridge in the air for a count of 1 and then back down and relax for 1.


Mountain Climbers:  


3 sets of 45 seconds each.  Hands on the ground - feet flat and pull my knees to chest repeatedly for 45 seconds. 



Pelvic tilts:  

 
While lying on the floor I did 50 pelvic tilts holding each tilt while pressing my lower back into the table and making my core tight.  I held each tilt for a count of 10 then release and rest for 1 or 2 seconds.    

Today's time -   53 minutes including rest between sets which varied from 30 seconds to 1 minute.  I think I may have rested a bit more between some sets today going the full 1 minute rest to 1 minute 30 seconds rest.

====================================

Wednesday 9/7/2016
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training.

==================================== 
Home Physical Therapy day 31
- Spondylolisthesis BJJ
Thursday 9/8/16.  Increasing sets repetitions and time on certain exercises.  


Hip ups:
3 set of 40 reps.  Pushing off the ground and raise my butt/hips off the ground like a reverse crunch.  This was an increase of 1 extra set and more reps = total of 50 extra reps. 


Side Planks:
2 sets on each side for a 60 seconds.   Increase of 10 seconds overall for each side. 


Side leg raises
2 sets each leg 45 repetitions.  This was an overall increase of 30 reps for each leg.  




Plank. 

4 sets for 90 seconds each.  All 4 sets were from the elbows.  I am getting stronger in this area as the first 2 sets are not so bad anymore - just the last 2.   


Deadbug abdominal exercise: 

1 sets 90 seconds.


Rocking Planks - 1 set for 90 seconds.

Plank position and slowly rock back and forth working the abdominal muscles.




Leg raises - 1 set for 90 seconds.



Bridges with pelvic tilt hold.  2 sets of 50 reps where I press my low back into the table I hold the pelvic tilt and bridge lifting my hips off the table.  This was an overall increase of 10 reps.  
I held this bridge in the air for a count of 1 and then back down and relax for 1.


Mountain Climbers:  


3 sets of 45 seconds each.  Hands on the ground - feet flat and pull my knees to chest repeatedly for 45 seconds. 



Pelvic tilts:  

 
While lying on the floor I did a 5 minute pelvic tilt hold.  Occasionally I would relax back to normal for a second and then go back to the tilt hold.  This was for 5 minutes.   

Today's time -   54 minutes including rest between sets which varied from 30 seconds to 1 minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment